Monday 9 June 2014

had fun at Hackney City Farm

I am all about animals. Animal clothes, animal jewellery, animal animals. You name it, I love it.  I could write an epic poem about their cute little eyes and fuzzy noses but (luckily for you) I'll refrain. 

So I was excited to finally visit Hackney City Farm this weekend - after 5 years of promising myself a trip.

It was a lovely Sunny Sunday, what could be better?
 

The farm is understandably popular with families and tourists but there was a good atmosphere in the crowd- no pushing! I was just in time for a sheep sheering demonstration although I was dubious, at first. I was worried about my woolly pal but he was completely unfazed by the whole process.


There is a also cute garden for those of you with green fingers. Along with the usual flowers and vegetables came a few unexpected items that I enjoyed hunting for. 


Even my aversion to creepy crawlies was overcome by the Bug Hotel. 

 

Conservation and education are a big part of the offer from Hackney City Farm. 


I had a lovely time at Hackney City Farm, all of which was free (although donations are much appreciated). The staff were friendly and the animals were real characters, there was a particularly funny duck (maybe you had to be there). I loved the community feel of the place and will definitely be visiting again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment